Thursday, August 30, 2012

Blue Mantle

Pin It
So I have recently made a few changes to my living room.  
Since I have been married the color scheme has basically been my wedding colors, a burnt orange, brown, and tanish color! I have loved it, and I have been able to use a lot of my wedding props for decor, which is awesome by the way, and a great tip to keep in mind if you are planning a wedding ;-) 

Anyways though, recently I started thinking about how I would love to make some color scheme changes, but to do that to the whole living room is A LOT of $$$. So I decided to add in a color, and I chose royal blue.  Which has never been my favorite color in life, but recently I have really started to like it.  
I made some minor decoration changes with the color blue, and some other more major changes to my living room.  
In this post I am going to start out by sharing the smallest changes that I have made, and in the coming days I will reveal more to you all! I am loving the blue color addition with my orange and brown, but still there is more that I have in mind to do, I just need the time to finish up. 

Anyways, so the first change was in creating a Blue Mantle! 

It is by no means covered in blue, but considering this has never been a color I have used in my home, it was fun to add some splashes of color around! 


I am especially excited about this fun Polaroid Project that I put together.  First, as you notice I have several old cameras on my mantle...which is something that I love! 
I recently snagged a $1 old Polaroid camera from a garage sale and was so excited.  Although the film inside did not work, there were some strips still inside of it, so I used them to make my own Polaroid photos.  Basically I printed out small pics of us with our best friends in Destin from this summer, and modge-podged them onto the Polaroid strips.  I didn't mind the way it turned out! Then I got a tile from a stack in our garage and used some fabric (which you will see more of in our living room) and threw this together.  It's different, but I really like it! 

Another thing I have snagged some of this summer are these Reader's Digest condensed books.  Which if you don't have any, start keeping an eye out, they are so cute! Each one of the different colored books has an awesome pattern on the front of it.  I would say that I paid $5 for all of those books! I displayed the one with the coral and blue on it, to add some more blue to the mantle.  
And then of course my signature "cheap" piece of my mantle decor.....a wine bottle there at the end! 
I ALWAYS use wine bottles on my mantles! WHY? Because I keep them, aka Reduce, Reuse, & Recycle, which really makes them a free decoration piece, and you can do so much with them! Paint them, wrap them, cover them, fill them.....the possibilities are endless and fun! 

On the other side I have a few more cameras, books, and another wine bottle (see this one is painted white and then I wrapped it with blue tulle).  And behind all that is my Scentsy. 


I really do love the way it turned out! 


Just remember...changing your color scheme up doesn't have to cost a ton of money! You can do it by just the little things....before you go changing everything, see what you can add in to what you already have! I am loving my orange and blue right now! And it was very simple to do! 

-Little Sis 

Don't forget to go enter our GIVEAWAY to win a cute Sweaty Band!!! 
Pin It